1. Where is Corbett Tiger Reserve located?
Corbett National Park is situated in the foothills of the Sub- Himalayan belt in Nainital district of Uttarakhand state in India, with headquarters at Ramnagar.
2. How do I reach Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett is accessible from Delhi, Moradabad, Nainital, Lucknow, Bareilly and Dehradun by road through regular bus and taxi services. Delhi, Lucknow and Bareilly are connected to major cities in the country by road and rail.
3. Which are the tourism zones in Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett Tiger Reserve has mainly five tourism zones namely Bijrani, Jhirna, Durgadevi, Dhikala and Sitabani.
4. What is the best time to visit Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Best time to visit Corbett is from mid October to June.
5. When is visitor’s entry closed at Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Corbett Tiger Reserve remains closed for the period from 16th June to 15th October every year because of the monsoon season. It is so because the roads inside the park get washed away due to rain.
Note: Jhirna and Sitabani tourism zones remains open all through out the year for tourists.
6. How to book ticket for safari in Corbett Tiger Reserve?
Tickets for park safari can be booked 30 days in advance. Foreign Nationals can book 90 days in advance. Please note that passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreign tourists. You can contact us for hassle free jeep safari permits.
7. Are Mobile Phones allowed during Jeep Safari?
Visitors are allowed to take their mobiles phones on park excursions but are not allowed to play any kind of music or sound inside the park.
8. Can I visit all the five zones with one entry permit?
The safari is permitted only for the zone which is booked by the visitors. They will not be allowed to access the remaining four zones
9. How can I reschedule my permit for the safari?
Tickets can only be cancelled and cannot be rescheduled either online or at the entry gates. Please note that the confirmatory amount paid is not refundable.
10. How many vehicles are allowed in Corbett Tiger Reserve for day visit?
180 vehicles are permitted to enter the park per day, including the morning and afternoon drives. Bijrani Zone accommodates 60 vehicles; Jhirna Zone accommodates 60 while Dhela & Durgadevi zones accommodate 15 vehicles per day.
11. How many safaris can be done in Corbett Tiger Reserve in a day?
Visitors can do two safaris in a day, one in the morning slot and second during the afternoon slot.
12. How many persons are allowed in one jeep safari?
A maximum of eight persons (six adults and two children) is allowed in a vehicle during the safari on one permit.
13. How to book Elephants for rides?
If you want to enjoy elephant safari amidst the jungle of Corbett, first of all you have to book a Jeep Safari. Please note that elephants are available at Bijrani and Dhikala zones. Visitors can get elephant for rides on the basis of first come – first serve basis.